Friday, April 12, 2013

A Night By Myself


Poem 2 
Day 2 
12-4-13

              A Night By Myself 


Growing up made a lot of things small..
Clothes, toys, bibs, diapers i had out grown them all..
One thing it took a while to out grow, was a crib.

The crib was beautiful, colourful, it had lots of  toys..
The crib was wooden with a blanket of  love around me, 

It felt really nice and comfortable in the crib, but... 
But i yearend for more, i wanted to see what lay outside the crib, 

I wanted to carry the blanket with me, 
The weight and warmth of the blanket made it Difficult..
The blanket belonged with the crib 

I wanted to escape, to run, to live..
The only thing holding me back was the blanket and its comfort.. 
But my patience was lost, 
I got up and left.

The night was weary and cold
I fell ill, sick to my stomach.. 
Miserable was i.. 

At that time there was a realisation.. 
Its not only the blanket that could me warm, warmth was everywhere..
The blanket was of corse my blanket (the very best) and the crib the most carefree place on the earth

I spent a night outside by myself,
At first bare, then with the memory of the blanket
Then next to a fire, the blaze not just warming me but also all around.

That night was important, 
I experienced what i wanted to,
Next day i went back to the crib and the blanket..
Though now knowing what lay outside and still choosing the crib..
I now sleep sound and deep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment!!