Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughtless by the Lake


      

I sat on a rocky wall, 
It was tucked away under a shady tree,
It was just an ordinary wall,
But what lay next to it captured my attention.

I sat alone, i sat questioningly, i sat happily..
The time by the lake seemed to be only a few minutes.. 
But the watch said i had been there for an hour and a half.. 

What was I doing?
Why was I there?
I wasn't bored?

I saw the lake.. I observed it..
The baby waves,
The popping up of a fish,
The flight of birds parallel to the lake,
The trees on the other side,
The smell of sweet flowers around me.. 

All this was too much information.. 
But I felt at ease.. 
Away from all that i knew.. 
Away from noises, sounds were heard there..
Away from dusty winds, a cool breeze was felt there..
Away from people, solace was found there.. 
Away from words, silence was introduced there..


Shhh.. Sit by me and see,
Shhh.. Sit by me and feel, 
Its so beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment!!